By Corporal William Young
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Minnesota inmate accused in guard's death has violent past
- Artwork from inmates at Virginia jails goes on display at Torpedo Factory
- Giles County inmate recaptured after escaping during litter pickup
- Authorities search for escaped Talladega inmate
- Inmate accused of ordering hit on former Milwaukee prosecutor who helped put him behind bars
- Police: Inmate Charged With Raping Transgender Cellmate
- Death of Martinsburg inmate under investigation
- Inmate airlifted to hospital after heat ailment
- Corrections officer killed by inmate at Stillwater prison, officials say
- Search Continues For Two Oklahoma Prison Escapees
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Corrections and Custody 1
Washington State Penitentiary
Criminal Justice Writer