By Robert Kravitz, President AlturaSolutions
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Man convicted of killing Phoenix couple found dead in jail
- 2 North Carolina prison guards hurt in attack by inmate
- Delaware County inmates arrested in jailhouse suboxone smuggling bust
- Escaped White Co. Jail Inmate Recaptured, 2 Still On Loose
- Officials: Death row inmate dies in Nevada
- Risdon Prison riot leaves guards hospitalised, jail in lockdown
- Escaped inmate captured in Birmingham
- Hamilton County Jail inmate treated for "puncture wounds", other inmate responsible
- Inmate Who Walked Away From McCain Valley Fire Camp Apprehended in Long Beach
- Native Americans can now be housed in Cambria prison
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Corrections Officer I
Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility
Centurion of Florida