By Leonard A. Sipes, Jr.
Also this week:
From last week:
- Ten possible New Year’s Resolutions for Corrections Staff
- If You Don’t Trust Cops, You Don’t Report Crimes?
- Rigorous Multi-Site Evaluation Finds HOPE Probation Model Offers No Advantage Over Conventional Probation in Four Study Sites
- Checkmate: Prison Chess Competition More Than Just a Game for Both Inmates and Students
OVER THE WALL
- 2 corrections officers assaulted by inmate at quarantine facility in Jackson
- State sells Hardin County Work Camp to county
- DDS Partnered with Dept. of Corrections to Issue 15,073 Official Identification Cards
- Charity helps to reintegrate women prisoners
- Convicted killer Joaquin Ramos denied parole 25 years after killing pregnant woman
- North Korean Inmate Executed By Firing Squad For Killing Prison Guard
- Federal judge allowing open phone line during Ohio inmate's execution
- Florida inmate operated statewide fraud scheme from prison
- Wyoming Inmate Dies in Torrington Hospital
- Danbury Prison Worker Worries About Providing for Family During Shutdown
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Law Essay Writing Services UK
Essay Writing Services