Tasers in the Jail?>>what's your opinion?
I just started to work for the US Penitentiary and I am very surprised all Federal Correctional Officers do not have any defensive weapon. The only thing that stands between us and the inmates are our radios and fists. You would think the Federal Penitentiary would have all the great toys. Anybody works for the US Marshal Detention side?? I wonder what those guys have.
Human Trafficking and Smuggling: What’s in Your Backyard? By Mark Butler
Human trafficking and smuggling—whether sex trafficking, indentured servitude, or debt bondage—have existed in every century and in every country. These crimes are usually committed because they meet a cultural need or because dominant groups are exploiting less powerful groups; but whatever the cause, these forms of slavery are about the worst crimes humans can commit against each other. Perhaps even worse is that we often treat the victims like criminals or rationalize that these crimes are just a way of life. But the worst aspect of all is that these crimes will continue as long as we allow—and so we can no longer turn a blind eye to them...
Also this week:
- May – Education and Training – What's new, conference coverage [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
Clinical Supervisor - RiversideYouth Correctional Facility - Montana Dept of Corrections
Special Information: Are you a licensed addiction counselor looking for an exciting challenge working with Montana's youth? Then this position is for you.
full job posting
This position oversees treatment programs, activities, and personnel at the RiversideYouth Correctional Facility.This position develops, implements, and modifies multiple treatment programs to rehabilitate adjudicated adolescent females, meet facility population and security needs and promote successful public relations outcomes for the Riverside Youth Correctional Facility.
Applicants claiming the Veteran’s or Handicapped Person’s Employment Preferences (see State of Montana Employment Application, PD-25) must provide verification of eligibility with the application materials.
Successful applicant(s) will be subject to:he-job training while working with experienced correctional officers at the assigned facility. ...
- May 5-9, 2013 - AJA’s Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 29 - June 1, 2013 – NAAWS 2013 Training Conference
- June 9-12, 2013 – MASCA Annual Conference and Training
- July 19 - 20, 2013 – NCCHC's Correctional Health Care Leadership Institute
- July 21 - 22, 2013 – NCCHC's Correctional Mental Health Care Conference
- July 24 - 26, 2013 – New York Gang Investigators Association - 2013 Annual Training Conference
- July 28 - 31, 2013 – APPA 38th Annual Training Institute - Baltimore
- August 9-14, 2013 – ACA's 143rd Congress of Correction
- Sept 9-12, 2013 – New England School of Best Practices in Addiction Treatment
- Oct 10-11, 2013 – Breakthrough Strategies to Work with At-Risk and Incarcerated Youth Workshop - Portland OR
- Oct 26-30, 2013 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Nashville TN
quote of the week
"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, thank a soldier."