Federal Bureau of Prisons>>what's your opinion?
The cutoff age to begin your career with the BOP is 37 and the age to retire for federal employees is 57 in order to satisfy the 50/20 retirement rule. ...
Legal Issues By Terry Campbell, Professor, Kaplan University, School of Public Safety
Legal issues in corrections are a broad area of discussion. Offices and staff can perform their daily duties and still be sued by inmates. This is just the “Nature of the Beast.” Prison administrators must take an active role in ensuring all staff are properly trained, familiar with agency policies and procedures, and understand the daily legal issues and concerns that surface. If you have not yet been sued, consider yourself lucky. The time may come. ...
Also this week:
- November – Legal – Roundup/review of cases/legal issues [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
Detention Service Officer
The job Duties of a Detention Service Officer include, but are not limited to conducting routine searches of inmates and their property; administrative responsibilities of report writing and record keeping which includes accessing the computer; monitoring inmates behavior in their housing units or when being escorted or transported...
full job posting
- Dec 2–5 2013 - 2013 Veterans Treatment Court Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Dec 16–17 2013 - 2013 Annual Models for Change National Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jan 31-Feb 5, 2014 – 2014 American Correctional Association- Winter Conference- Tampa, Florida
- Feb 21-23, 2014 – Southern States Correctional Association Mid Winter Training Conference- Savannah, Georgia
- Apr 5-8, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
To meet the great tasks that are before us, we require all our intelligence, and we must be sound and wholesome in mind. We must proceed in order. The price of anger is failure.
— Elwood Hendricks