Just Hired>>what's your opinion?
I’ve been following this site for advice for awhile now and was just hired today as a Correctional Officer in a county jail in PA. What kind of gear is typically issued and what kind of expenses will I be looking at? ...
How to Stand Tall in a Man's World: The Five E's to Cause Your Money and Influence to Rise By Dalonika McDonald, Texas Department of Criminal Justice/Parole Division
My first night entering the prison was scary to say the least. I had always worked in an environment where there was a majority of female presence. There was not a guide provided for me at the prison's central control unit, concerning my new work environment. When I entered into our meeting room, it did not go unnoticed by my colleagues and shift supervisors, I was the youngest correctional officer there. ...
Also this week:
- December – Ethics and Heroes – Coverage of Ethics issues and stories of heroes in corrections [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-E or higher) or LPN
The Northern Neck Regional Jail in Warsaw, VA is seeking an Emergency Medical Technician - Enhanced Level (EMT-E) or an LPN to join our team. This full time position performs a variety of duties associated with providing care to inmates, including administration of medications.
full job posting
- Dec 16–17 2013 - 2013 Annual Models for Change National Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jan 31-Feb 5, 2014 – 2014 American Correctional Association- Winter Conference- Tampa, Florida
- Feb 21-23, 2014 – Southern States Correctional Association Mid Winter Training Conference- Savannah, Georgia
- Apr 5-8, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.