Just Hired>>what's your opinion?
When i was a deputy/jailer in Wa back in the late 80’s we carried duty sidearms. We transported inmates to Dr. appointments etc. Left them in Lockboxes before entering the jail. All jail staff were armed except inside the jail. CCW’s were issued to all jail deputies even though they didn’t have arrest powers. ....
5 Key Tips a Corrections Officer Must Follow Rebecca Gray
Whether it’s the long hours, hazardous nature of the work, physical demands, or steep learning curve when entering the field, many careers are fraught with similar difficulties. Some careers, however, have a completely unique set of challenges unto themselves. A career as a corrections officer is one such option. Working appropriately and effectively with convicted criminals, for example, is one job requirement that isn’t present in most other careers.
Also this week:
- March – International – Highlighting corrections systems and personnel worldwide [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
Corrections Officer (entry level)
Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility CORRECTION OFFICER I Positions Now Open If you’re looking for a stimulating and rewarding position with excellent pay, substantial benefits, and great potential for career advancement, then come join the field of Corrections at the Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility!....
full job posting
- Apr 03, 2014 – Health Reform and Criminal Justice: Advancing New Opportunities - Washington, D.C.
- Apr 05-08, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 09, 2014 – Antiretroviral Therapy Treatment Update, Online webcast
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- May 01-02, 2014 – 6th Annual Inland Empire Gang Symposium- San Bernadino, CA
- May 01-02, 2014 – Seattle, WA Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Aug 03-06, 2014 – American Probation and Parole Association's 39th Annual Training Institute - New Orleans, LA
- Oct 09-10, 2014 – Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Portland, OR
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
" One of the ceaseless wonders of the world: The power of a smile. "
— Malcolm Forbes