Prison Rape Elimination Act>>what's your opinion?
It’s really not that tough to get in compliance. we passed ours because we were on top of it in 2003. Mostly the inspectors are concerned about the policies and then practices. You’d probably be surprised how most of the requirements you already have met with your current in-house policies...
Change Leader, Change Thyself Carl ToersBijns
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leo Tolstoy. Using this idiom would be a great starting point for this article as it hits on the fact that a leader must change within themselves, as an individual, before he or she can engage in an organizational change. Changing cultures or the way you do business takes self-understanding and then requires putting the values into an organizational context. Most of the time, we rarely see organizations change drastically, but their people do...
Also this week:
- June – Minority issues – Challenges of managing minority populations, challenges minority practitioners face email@example.com]
Director- Division of Corrections
Shelby County Government in Memphis, TN, is seeking qualified candidates with current correctional management experience for the position of Director – Division of Corrections for the Shelby County Correctional Center, a facility with an average daily inmate population of 2600...
full job posting
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jun 21-25, 2014 – National Sheriff's Association Annual Conference and Exhibition - Fort Worth, TX
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Aug 03-06, 2014 – American Probation and Parole Association's 39th Annual Training Institute - New Orleans, LA
- Oct 09-10, 2014 – Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Portland, OR
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
" A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. "
– Albert Einstein