cruel and unusual?>>what's your opinion?
The sad truth is no matter what method people will try to find a fault or flaw and will appeal and drag out their death because let’s face it. I would too. I do not fear death but I do not seek it either. I have heard and seen many ways people have been put to death over my studies of history and my years of reading pretty much whatever I can get my hands on...
Understanding and Enhancing the Value of Female Corrections Professionals Robert Winters, JD
The first female warden in the United States was Mary Weed, who after the passing of her husband in 1793 became caretaker of the Philadelphia Walnut Street Jail (and who enjoyed, it should be noted, an administration remarkably free of corruption). It was another quarter-century before the first female correctional officer was appointed, at New York’s Sing Sing prison in 1822. Thereafter, the growth of women in corrections slowed drastically, not improving until the late twentieth century...
Also this week:
- July – Women in Corrections – Profiling successful women practitioners and focusing on issues they face email@example.com]
CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
Minimum Qualifications: Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Oklahoma and unrestricted license to prescribe controlled substances. Registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency and the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. Six (6) years of professional medical experience, including three (3) years in an administrative capacity in a health care agency or institution...
full job posting
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Jul 27-Aug 01, 2014 – 69th annual United States Deputy Warden’s Association Conference
- Aug 03-06, 2014 – American Probation and Parole Association's 39th Annual Training Institute - New Orleans, LA
- Aug 15-20, 2014 – American Correctional Association (ACA) 2014 Congress of Correction
- Sep 28-Oct 01, 2014 – The 2014 Women Working in Corrections and Juvenile Justice National Conference
- Oct 09-10, 2014 – Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Portland, OR
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
" The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. "
– Chinese Proverb