Correctional staff - alcohol and/or drug addiction?>>what's your opinion?
I respectfully beg to differ on some of the opinions here.I’ve fought the alcohol addiction demon myself years back for reasons I’m not going to discuss here. Nothing about it was ever “easy”. Yes, someone wanting help and wanting to quit is always the first and most important step. But to claim that all you need is a positive attitude and overcoming such problems as easy severely discredits the amount of effort and struggle it really can be to overcome such an issue...
Family Slaughter MattersJames Alan Fox
Repeated episodes of senseless carnage, unfortunately, have kept mass murder as one of the top news stories of recent years. And when we associate a face with our collective fears, we easily recall the disturbing image of a young man in Isla Vista, California, detailing on video his deadly plan of revenge for his failed attempts to find romance in his life. Or we envision the wild-eyed, orange-haired Colorado man sitting motionless in court after having turned a local movie theater into his personal battle zone...
Also this week:
- July – Women in Corrections – Profiling successful women practitioners and focusing on issues they face firstname.lastname@example.org]
Distinguishing Features: This is the entry working class in the Correctional Officer sub-series. An employee in this class performs correctional work at a state penal institution involving the custody, transport, and rehabilitation of inmates, and may be assigned to work any shift. This class differs from that of Correctional Corporal in that an incumbent of the latter acts as a minor supervisor...
full job posting
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Jul 27-Aug 01, 2014 – 69th annual United States Deputy Warden’s Association Conference
- Aug 03-06, 2014 – American Probation and Parole Association's 39th Annual Training Institute - New Orleans, LA
- Aug 15-20, 2014 – American Correctional Association (ACA) 2014 Congress of Correction
- Sep 28-Oct 01, 2014 – The 2014 Women Working in Corrections and Juvenile Justice National Conference
- Oct 09-10, 2014 – Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Portland, OR
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
" If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. "
– Latin Proverb