A Correctional Sense of Humor>>what's your opinion?
Stay on as long as you can. I’m bored now that I’m retired out of the system. It remains a unique job where you really learn to take a good look at people who present themselves as wonderful angels...
Utilizing Technology to Make Prisons Safer: How technology can help manage overcrowded prisonsDerek Brown
The United States currently imprisons nearly one in 100 American adults -- a 500 percent increase over the last 30 years. To put this into perspective, one quarter of the world’s prisoners are now held in the U.S. As a result of the expanded prison population, one of the key challenges for corrections officials is how to successfully manage this growing prison population to ensure inmates’ safety. With overcrowded facilities comes the potential for tensions to run high among prisoners, who may be placed with previous victims, associates, or rival gang members – all of which can create the possibility for violence within the prison...
Also this week:
Preservation of peace, control crime and enforce all state and federal laws and regulations. Ensure safety of all persons and property within the Reno County jail. Ensure safety and security of facility, maintain security rounds and logs, vigilant observation of medical and suicidal inmates and conduct and log daily inmate counts. Control distribution and use of keys and tools...
full job posting
- Nov 08-10, 2015 – International Community Corrections Association Annual Conference
- Nov 09-11, 2015 – Religious Programming in Jails
- Dec 02-03, 2015 – Searching For The Truth: Conducting Sexual Abuse Investigations In Confinement For PREA
- Dec 07-08, 2015 – Correctional Supervisors vs. Subordinates: Where's the Line?
- Jan 22-27, 2016 – American Correctional Association (ACA) 2016 Winter Conference
- Apr 09-12, 2016 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care
- Apr 12-16, 2016 – 2016 NAAWS Training Conference
- May 05-06, 2016 – Seattle, WA: Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled Youth
- Oct 13-14, 2016 – Portland, OR: Breakthrough Strategies for Working with Troubled Youth
quote of the week
"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it."
– Charles R. Swindoll