>> what's your opinion?
I have yet to see something made that is vandal proof. These inmates have 24 hours a day to goof with such things...
view full thread
The idea of being a superwoman, capable of being the perfect mom, housekeeper, and career woman is an idea that the women growing upon the 70s were spoon-fed as the ultimate goal. As a result, many of the women who entered the world of work in the 1980s fully expected to not only have it all, but to be able to maintain it all for as long as needed. In the 1984 book, the Superwoman Syndrome, Marjorie Hansen Shaevitz details the pitfalls that these aspiring superwomen were facing as they pursued their goal of having it all. Shaevitz sums it up very succinctly: “the greatest myth ever perpetrated on the modern day woman: That not only can we have it all, but that we should want it all.”...
read full story
Also this week:
The Correctional Officer is an exciting opportunity to launch your Criminal Justice career. In the role of a correctional officer you will build your experience by ensuring maintenance of order, control and supervision of offenders in a state correctional institution and internal and external security. You will advise and instruct offenders in their adjustment to institutional living. Work normally consists of relatively standardized tasks, following departmental and institutional policy. However, work at times requires on-the-spot decision making when coping with one or more unruly or irate offenders. This position carries weapons when assigned to tower duty, transportation assignment, escape assignments or special assignments as determined by the appointing authority...
>> view full job posting
- Aug 17-20, 2017 - ASCA Summer Conference
- Aug 18-22, 2017 - ACA's 147th Congress of Correction
- Aug 28-30, 2017 - JAILCON17: NIJO Regional Training Conference
- Sept 05-08, 2017 - The 58th Annual KCCD Conference
- Oct 04-06, 2017 - Midwest Region ASCA Conference
- Oct 06-08, 2017 - Northeast Region ASCA Conference
- Oct 12-13, 2017 - Breakthrough Management Strategies for Juvenile Justice Workers
- Oct 15-18, 2017 - 2017 IACTP Annual Trainers' Conference
- Nov 04-08, 2017 - National Conference on Correctional Health Care
- Apr 21-25, 2018 - 2018 Conference & Jail Expo
- Apr 30-May 04 - 2018 NAAWS Training Conferences
- Oct 14-17, 2018 - 2018 Women Working in Corrections & Juvenile Justice Conference
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.
- Winston Churchill