>> what's your opinion?
I’m not sure if it is the same as Mn. but sometimes (depending on state law) when someone surrenders to the jail an arrest has to be performed by a commissioned officer to admit that person into custody. Say as an illustration: A person discovers they have a warrant, they go to the local jail and surrender to the jail staff, some commissioned officer has to effect an arrest to take them into custody...
view full thread
Newly hired officers receive substantial training and instruction in the applications of basic safety and security policies, procedures, and methods regarding interaction with and supervision of the inmate population; use of equipment, and implementation of general standard operating procedures on-the-job and in a formal classroom setting. Work usually is performed under immediate supervision of a supervisory Correctional Officer or Field Training Officer who initially provides continuous evaluation of work in progress...
>> view full job posting
- Apr 06-09, 2019 - Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care
- Apr 07-09, 2019 - 2019 Correctional Education Association's International Leadership Forum
- Apr 15-18, 2019 - NCIA 2019 National Training Conference
- May 09-10, 2019 - ILGIA 11Th Annual Gang Symposium 2019
- May 18-22, 2019 - 38th Annual Conference & Jail Expo
- May 30-Jun 02, 2019 - ASCA 2019 Southern Region Meeting
- Jun 03-05, 2019 - JAILCON19 West
- Jun 10-14, 2019 - ASCA 2019 Western Region Meeting
- Aug 06-08, 2019 - JAILCON19 South
- Sep 03-06, 2019 - KCCD's 60th Annual Training Conference
Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
- John Wooden