>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Making a Positive Difference Since 1981

Subscribe to Making a Positive Difference Since 1981 2 posts, 2 voices

Login to reply

Drc logo small OHIOco 10 posts

Hello,

My name is Jacob Metzger. I work for the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections. I am sending this e-mail in regards to a scared straight type of program I want to start at my institution. I was hoping someone might have some kind of resource that could help me with legal issues, liability issues and solutions to each of those. I was also wanting to inquire as to see if anyone knew of any other agency I could contact to get some ideas. If you could get back with me I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Ao NCTI 1 7 posts

NCTI has an extensive background as a provider of criminogenic specific, cognitive-based behavior change curricula designed for adult and juvenile offenders, as well as Staff Development workshops for Criminal Justice professionals.

In partnership with the American Probation and Parole Association (see press release), NCTI provides Cognitive Based Life Skills and Offense Specific Curriculum to practitioners in the field of community corrections. These cognitive based curricula clearly align with “What Works” research that has proven to be effective in reducing recidivism.

Through this partnership, NCTI and APPA also offer probation, parole, and private practitioners Certification Training for facilitating cognitive behavioral groups.

Using a unique philosophical approach known as the “Building Blocks for Behavioral Change”, NCTI curricula and delivery techniques are designed to foster positive, pro-social behavior change in offenders. Currently in use by a variety of agencies throughout North America, NCTI’s Cognitive Based Life Skills and Offense Specific Curricula have earned wide respect for their cost effectiveness and high levels of successful outcomes.

NCTI is pleased to announce the release of Cog Talk. NCTI is the first organization to provide a tool to the referring professional that provides specific Motivational Interviewing questions for each component in our curriculum. Now, officer contact with clients can reinforce your cognitive programming and enhance the work done by your workshop facilitators. In addition, Cog Talk provides the NCTI certified facilitators homework exercises for their class participants. Best of all – it’s free for NCTI clients. Learn more about Cog Talk.

Learn more about Crossroads Cognitive Behavior Change Curricula.

Implement Cognitive Based Life Skills and Offense Specific Curricula within your organization! Become a Certified Cognitive Facilitator.

To request more information about NCTI Offender Programs and workshops, click here or call 800-622-1644.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015