>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Commissioned or Non-commissioned

Subscribe to Commissioned or Non-commissioned 3 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Male user falco0 1 post

It probably means that the “commissioned” officer would be an academy graduate, probably referred to as a lateral. Non-commissioned would probably refer to those hired at entry level or non-academy and would have to attend an academy after being hired.

Male user Squeeze 70 posts

I’m not sure if it is the same as Mn. but sometimes (depending on state law) when someone surrenders to the jail an arrest has to be performed by a commissioned officer to admit that person into custody. Say as an illustration: A person discovers they have a warrant, they go to the local jail and surrender to the jail staff, some commissioned officer has to effect an arrest to take them into custody.

Male user kboud001 1 post

I was looking at a job announcement for the local Sheriffs office here in Louisiana and they were announcing positions for “commissioned” and “non-commissioned” corrections deputy. Whats the difference? I’m looking into it and want more info. Does the commissioned deputy have full powers on/off duty?
This is my first post. Thanks!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015