>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Rehabilitation or housing

Subscribe to Rehabilitation or housing 1 post, 1 voice

Login to reply

Female user KymberLynn 1 post

Hello everyone. I am an IT Consultant who works Department of Corrections/Justice projects. I am currently back in school and doing a research paper on prison rehabilitation. I am looking for any comments and standpoints from those in the industry – wardens, correctional officers, P&P officers, case managers, etc. Here is what I am really looking for:
Do you agree that prisons should be for housing and securing inmates and NOT for rehabilitatin criminals?
Do you think that rehabilitation works to actually reduce recidivism and crime statistics?
What are your personal thoughts from working inside the industry on rehabilitation versus housing?

Any other information will be greatly accepted. If you like give an email address so that I can ask follow-up questions.

Thanks so much!!!!!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015