>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Postcard-only mail policy

Subscribe to Postcard-only mail policy 2 posts, 2 voices

Login to reply

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Interesting topic. I am pretty sure in NY state you will not see that happen at all. The NYSCOC (Commission of Correction) Minimum Standards is very specific on what kind of inmate mail might be sent, how it is opened, when it can be read and under authority from the Superintendent with the inmate present. The other issue is legal mail, by law you cannot deny inmates access to the courts (US Constitution) therefore to deny them the right to privacy would most certainly be actionable in federal court against any facility that bans legal mail of any kind either to an attorney or from an attorney, the courts or official agencies.

Male user Editor @ Cor... 3 posts

I’m assisting in a research project regarding local, State, and Federal correctional agencies that have successfully implemented postcard-only mail policies. I would like to throw the topic out to your audience for feedback. Thank you, Gang Intelligence Analyst, Special Service Unit, Office of Correctional Safety, California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015