>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Private Prison and riots

Subscribe to Private Prison and riots 4 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Good luck with that. I know there have been some large scale incidents at a private prison that have gone unreported. The only reason I know is because I talk to people who work there. That probably is your best bet. I know in my prison we have had incidents media worthy that never made it in the papers.Unless there is a death or serious medical injury or a multitude of them things are handled in house. Unlike public prisons you cannot file a freedom of information to get a hold of that info. Plus the public dose not really want to know what happens behind the fences,

Male user Brotherskeeper 2 posts

That’s what I was thinking, there is a lack of oversight by the government to determine if they are in compliance anyway. Thanks.

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Search through news archives and the like. Private for profit compaines won’t readily release this info to just anybody. Why? cause it makes them look bad for doing the half assed job that results from “cost savings”.

Male user Brotherskeeper 2 posts

I am doing a research paper on private prisons, would like to know where I can find out the number of riots that have occured at private prison in the last 20 yrs.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015