>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Shift Happens

Subscribe to Shift Happens 4 posts, 4 voices

Login to reply

Svt FordSVT 60 posts

We just keep hiring like crazy. Many of our institutions are expanding to house so many. Over crowding is massive. The gov’t is also building a woman’s facility as well. Opens next September 2011.

Male user OCCD 57 posts

In the time that I’ve spent in Corrections, I’ve seen tremendous changes, especially when it is a technology which allows administrators to reduce staffing and improve productivity.

Small 986654 maniac 12 posts

well, considering that in the 5+ years that I’ve been in corrections That I havent really seen that many advances, Im not holding that high of expectations. SUPPOSEDLY, the housing units are going to be switched over to desktops from the outdated computer system that we’re currently useing, but that hasn’t happened either. FOr me it’s a believe it when I see it thing.

Male user corrections.... 8 posts

Someone forwarded me this video called “Shift Happens” put
together by an unknown on youtube. It describes exactly where we
are headed in the globalization and information age. Talk about
eye opening. You’ll immediately want to forward the link to 5
co-workers and maybe even your kids. Course it’s set to great
Scottish Highlander music which doesn’t hurt, but it will
completely floor you. I wonder how this will impact the
corrections workforce in 10 years?

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015