>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Forums Tech Talk

Cell Scan

Subscribe to Cell Scan 8 posts, 6 voices

Login to reply

Male user OCCD 57 posts

As there is no expectation of privacy in jail and as the state can dictate what you may or may not possess, it isz ridiculous to ask whether it is legal for an institution to jam cell signals within the limited confines of their own facility.

Male user Morris346 6 posts

Definitely going to write my senator on this one. It is the core of our problem here. Cornell by the way.

Male user captaindes 2 posts

Senate Bill 251 – the Safe Prisons Communications Act of 2009 has passed out of Committee and will now go to the floor of the Senate for a vote. This billif passed into law, will amend the Communications Act of 1934 to permit targeted interference with mobile radio services within prison facilities.

I encourage each of you to write to your United States Senator and encourage them to get on board with it. If you would like to read the text of the bill, I will include the link here.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-251

Male user Diogenes 1 post

There are devices to detect cell phones and devices that can jam them. There is a problem with the FCC regarding signal interference and there is presently legislation in Congress, I believe, that would allow prisons to jam them nationwide.

Dogs can be trained to sniff for them, just as for drugs or explosives.

The prepaid phones are escape tools, of course. A prisoner in Greenwood, MS used one recently to escape and almost killed a Nashville Metro sergeant later the same day, using a gun taken from a guard. Hits on witnesses have been ordered with them, and narcotics deals set up.

Which company do you work for, Morris? GEO, CCA or Cornell?

Male user kinkon 1 post

I don’t think this is a illegal.
[url=http://productreviewsby.me/shamwow/] Shamwow [/url]

Great. We had a dirty staff that brought in about 15 and we still haven’t found the last couple.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

We are currently running trials with it. And so far have found it pretty good.

Cell phone jammers are currently illegal for use in some states or prison systems correct?
Is CellScan illegal in any type of environment?

Forums Tech Talk

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015