>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Physical Conditioning?

Subscribe to Physical Conditioning? 56 posts, 27 voices

Login to reply

Srt misc 266 Striker 34 posts

For Ohio SRT..it used to be 1 mile with 25 pu and 25 su..that changed to a more realistic standard of running with equipment and doing weapons drills..

Male user dlassy 4 posts

sorry to jump in on this post im not sure where to locate this information. what are the fitness standards for cert? i am in the application process and i would like to enter the academy in peak shape any information will help thanks

Male user OCCD 57 posts

Very few agencies in Florida require PT testing post-academy. Florida DOC claims that a minimum standard will be introduced in 2011 on the agency level.

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

In Florida they spend well over half the academy doing conditioning drills, runs and extensive DT work on the mats.

Judging from all the answers Florida may be the only department doing that. I can’t remember if it’s on this forum or a different forum but there was a discussion about why there is so much emphasis on firearms but so little on physical conditioning or verbal skills.

Male user OCCD 57 posts

In Florida they spend well over half the academy doing conditioning drills, runs and extensive DT work on the mats. They hae an entry and an exit PT test and DT test as well, though there is as yet no mandatory minimum passing score for the PT portion…that is coming in 2011. This applies to ALL law enforcement academies, i.e., probation, corrections and LEO. Same standard.

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

When I started this gig a couple of decades ago, there was very little emphasis on physical conditioning at the academy. Except for the unarmed self defense part, we spent most of our days sitting in a classroom.

If you’re in the academy or you’re a long time veteran, how much emphasis does your training academy put on physical conditioning for the officers-in-training these days? Do they have daily PT or run a couple of miles every morning or anything like that?

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015