>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Officer Safety

Subscribe to Officer Safety 4 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Male user algrob 24 posts

It sounds like you are in the position of having to look out for yorself. If the others you work with don’t care then take care of yourself. Make the list like Mick says. It is really good advice, also you may come up with some solutions as you write it.

Eagle and flag JuvieJailer 3 posts

Yeah was hoping it would not come to that. However it may have to, the director is so lax on the safety here its become a joke. Cameras that done work, disregaurding of the policy and procedures set down that I fear it will happen sooner or later.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

If I were you I would make a list of all the safety issues give a copy to the management and keep a copy yourself. And if nothing is done and if an Officer gets hurt you can use your copies to make them pay.

Eagle and flag JuvieJailer 3 posts

I work in a small Juvenile Facility. However I am BIG on officer safety. But you would not believe how lax the other co’s I work with are. Much of the kids are violent offenders, but whenever I bring up safety issues I end up getting told not to worry about it.

Any suggestions

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015