Specific Interview Questions

Subscribe to Specific Interview Questions 9 posts, 7 voices

Login to reply

Female user janerbelle 1 post

Congratulation!

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Welcome to the asylum. ;-D

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

Congrats and welcome! Exciting, ain’t it?

Male user chicoseven 5 posts

I got the job and begin training Oct.26!!!!

Male user formerdi 1 post

Chico seven

As a former Asst Warden for CCA, and having worked at 5 of thier facilities, I can say a couple things on the process. First, are you applying at one of the facilities that is contracted with the “BOP”, Bureau of Prisons?. If so, yes your past will come up and bite you on your backside, a complete background check will be done, to include, health, criminal, credit. The writer above stated that medical and health concerns are “Off limits” during the interview, yes that is correct, but be advised during the the medical screening, you will be asked that question, which by HIPPA they can, and if you have ever had a problem with it, be honest, don’t lie, on a Fed background check it will come out in the wash. Second, I wish you luck in your endeavors, I have seen staff come and go for several reasons, alot due to misconduct, but the majority because, " It just wasn’t for them" and it is not for everyone, very stressful environment…..Good Luck!!!!!!

R. Bice Sr
Fmr Assistant Warden (CCA)
Major (Ret) (Illinois Dept of Corrections)

Thank you both for your words of wisdom and support. I have an on-site interview tomorrow.

Female user janerbelle 1 post

Good luck on your career path. Just remember that working in corrections is very high stress and has a high rate of addictions among staff. Make sure you have a great support group that you attend because you will need it. Corrections is a highly rewarding job if you let it be. Good Luck!

Male user dpdpar5 6 posts

Many people don’t even consider corrections as a career path. I’m glad to hear of your choice. It is truely a noble undertaking. I sincerely hope you find more satisfaction than disappointment. You will get out of your career what you put into it.
If you are not currently experiencing difficultly with alcohol, the issue should never come up. Past medical or health concerns are infact, off limits as a line of questioning in hiring. If by chance it is mentioned, simply state that you have no troubles with alcohol. Which by the way currently a true statement.
Focus on positives in the interview process. Steer clear of negatives.
Hope this helps!!!

Daniel P. Downen M.S. AJ/S

I am going through the hiring process to work at CCA and am very excited to begin my career in corrections. This site has helped answer a lot of questions that I had and some I didn’t think of. In another post discussing the interview process it mentioned chemical dependency as a possible deterrent in getting hired, I am alcoholic and have been clean for two years now, is this something that will come up and how will it be viewed?

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015