>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

UOF options male vs. female

Subscribe to UOF options male vs. female 2 posts, 2 voices

Login to reply

100 5886 Sarge276 45 posts

My facility is just down the street from our female minimum facility and we take our in-service training and DT classes together. As far as I know there is no distinction between male and female in the use of force policy. They are inmates the same as the guys are.

Male user .308 1 post

I have been tasked with some research on this subject. Right now it is pretty much the same (other than pregnant females). It is my opinion that if we were to change our current policy, in this regard, we would open the agency up for gender based discrimination lawsuits. Wondering if there are any agencies that use different force options on female inmate’s verses male? If so, what options are different? Please give me your professional opinion on the subject.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015