>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

A fallen brother finally remembered

Subscribe to A fallen brother finally remembered 3 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Male user commander 277 posts

I am glad Cotton got his memorial. The Inmate and ex-officer will get theirs too but, it won’t be a memorial. RIP Cotton.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Another tragic example of conspiring with an inmate to escape, bring in contraband…etc. Many of the county jails that I am familiar with are using Deputy Sheriff’s for transports with sidearms and bullet proof vests. COs do stay with inmates in hospitals but a Deputy or local police always accompany them for safety. It also is a good idea to make sure that when a transport is done the inmate has no prior knowledge of the date or time and especially no phone contact at all prior to the transport. Stay safe.

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

http://www.correctionsone.com/officer-safety/articles/5897807-Tenn-CO-memorialized/

C/O Wayne “Cotton” Morgan finally gets his memorial on display 7 years after his life was cut short in the line of duty. For those of you who are not aware of Cottons’ story the main parts of this are at the link above. What they didn’t include in this news clip was that before Jennifer Hyatte fired the fatal shot she was a correctional employee. She even met her husband George Hyatte in the prison where she worked. (yes he was an inmate then too) I know this because this tragic incident was made into a documenterary film.

While I’m very happy to see that Cottons memorial stone has finally been put on proper display. (rest in peace brother) This is also the perfect example of why dealing with inmates in any way is a bad idea. so DON’T DO IT! A good officer paid the price for someone elses stupidity.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015