>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Written Exam Questions

Subscribe to Written Exam Questions 43 posts, 7 voices

Login to reply

Barney fife 238x300 knuckle dragger 42 posts

RCJ………….. When I first started we had to pass a physical, a strength and agility test and had to be under a certain body fat. They stopped these tests after too many failures of the golden children not making the grade. They stopped this testing plus they lowered the score on our written to promote a more favorable hiring pool.

Male user mtarrant 11 posts

I bet you our test was harder than yours…..

Male user RCJ 49 posts

The hiring process stinks, it’s just a big waiting game. Being patient is the hardest part of it, and then they pass over very qualified candidates for some moran who ends up getting canned for being dirty or having a relationship with an inmate.

mtarrant………. I haven’t tested in Colorado but most of these tests are standard if you contact a test administrator or even look at the state or county websites it probably will tell you the process and how it’s scored. There’s usually a background check and orals. I think in Colorado you also get a free bowl of soup and a new box of crayons if you pass.

Knuckle dragger,

So I’m guessing you have been through the whole process?If so how is the test scored and does everyone that pass get an interview(oral board)?

Matt

mtarrant…………… shakeyjake is on the ball there’s what you should do and in reality and how you answer test questions. When you take these tests always put yourself in the administrations position and always look at what a liberal law suit scared government organization would do. When all else fails always pick the longest answer because who ever created the test will devote more time to the correct answer of a question and I bet 80 percent of the time the most wordy answer will be the correct one. This comes from my experience from college courses in teaching and statistics. The administration wants people to ask for help and guidance but also be aware they want you to be able to think for yourself. If a CO has to run to the supervisor every time something happens it may be a red flag that you can’t think for yourself and they don’t want employees who needs to be held by the hand every step of the way. I would advise during an oral interview to push a little more toward thinking for yourself and showing your not afraid to make decisions but on a written test on average answer contact supervisor more often. I’d say use common sense but most the time in this business that doesn’t apply. Four times I win RCJ

mtarrant…………… shakeyjake is on the ball there’s what you should do and in reality and how you answer test questions. When you take these tests always put yourself in the administrations position and always look at what a liberal law suit scared government organization would do. When all else fails always pick the longest answer because who ever created the test will devote more time to the correct answer of a question and I bet 80 percent of the time the most wordy answer will be the correct one. This comes from my experience from college courses in teaching and statistics. The administration wants people to ask for help and guidance but also be aware they want you to be able to think for yourself. If a CO has to run to the supervisor every time something happens it may be a red flag that you can’t think for yourself and they don’t want employees who needs to be held by the hand every step of the way. I would advise during an oral interview to push a little more toward thinking for yourself and showing your not afraid to make decisions but on a written test on average answer contact supervisor more often. I’d say use common sense but most the time in this business that doesn’t apply. Four times I win RCJ

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

The admin. likes you to contact your supervisor about anything you do. (makes them feel needed), but when they are in a bad mood then they tell you to take care. This is one of the set ups that happen, because if you take care of it and it don’t turn out the way they like, you can bet it’s your ass they will try to hang.

Hey RCJ, thanks for the 3 “Shakeyjake is correct” post that sure made me feel good.

Thanks guys.There were a lot of questions that had contact your supervisor as one of the choices is that usually the right call?

Male user RCJ 49 posts

In a physical situation always call for backup before you get involved because things can go bad real quick.

Male user RCJ 49 posts

Shakeyjake is correct. You can always contact your Lt. or immediate supervisor. Another good way to answer questions in an interview is to state that, “I will always revert to the policies and procedures that are set forth for this facility”. You can never go wrong with contacting your immediate supervisor. Never assume, just ask for guidence because administrations do not like cowboys. Unfortunately you do not always have that option on a written exam, but if you make it to an interview keep that in mind. Good Luck

Male user RCJ 49 posts

Shakeyjake is correct. You can always contact your Lt. or immediate supervisor. Another good way to answer questions in an interview is to state that, “I will always revert to the policies and procedures that are set forth for this facility”. You can never go wrong with contacting your immediate supervisor. Never assume, just ask for guidence because administrations do not like cowboys. Unfortunately you do not always have that option on a written exam, but if you make it to an interview keep that in mind. Good Luck

Male user RCJ 49 posts

Thanks for your answers if those are correct than I missed one out of those because I would think if its only one inmate its ok to go in without backup. I would think you wouldn’t want to take the time to call while your coworker is getting beat down.I wasn’t too happy when I looked at the test and they were asking procedural type questions and we havnt been trained and they said there is nothing to do to study for it when in fact you could have.

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

If these are test questions then the answers will have to be department correct not everyday correct so my guess is

1. 1: Contact food service and let them know.
  1. 2: Contact my supervisor and let them make the call.
  1. 3: Activate your man down alarm (or other emergency contact devise) and provide assistance as needed.

These are some of the generic answers to these types of questions.

Hope this helps.

If not, contact Knuckle Dragger on this site for alternative ways to please the administration.

Recently I took a written exam here in Colorado for Non Certified Detention Deputy.There were a couple questions that have been buggig me.

1.What would you do if an inmate complains that they didn’t receive their meal tray?

2.What would you do if someone drove 8 hours to visit an inmate but were a couple mintues late for visiting hours.

3.what would be the first thing you would do if an inmate was attacking a coworker

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015