>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Checking doors

Subscribe to Checking doors 7 posts, 7 voices

Login to reply

Portage county sheriff patchjpg cae919412e563a57 OHIO C/0 3 posts

It is scary how many doors you will find unsecured in a facility sometimes. Best course of action is to always check doors.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Very true I have found that there are guys who are locked up who can if given enough time unlock anything. I tend to check things a couple of times just to make sure they havent jimmyed things in between rounds.

Male user commander 277 posts

When I walked the ranges in my assigned zone as a Lt., I would always pull on cell doors. I always checked all doors anywhere I walked. Never know what one will find.

Male user Canusxiii 116 posts

Check your doors,I swear by it……rookie year,I don’t want to tell you what I thou was I closed door was not……it is vital ,,,,,check your doors.

Untitled Slim 57 posts

I do the same thing. Quite a few years back when I worked graveyard I would always find doors unlocked. Also found out that in some of our housing units that the inmates can put their ID card in the latch and it will show locked on the control board. Now that I’m a supervisor it’s no longer my duty, but I stll pull on doors as I walk around. Get some funny looks once in awhile when someone wonders why I pulled their door open then let it shut without saying anything.

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

I do the same thing. It’s actually become a habit of mine and I find myself doing it everywhere without thinking about it. People in Walmart tend to look at me funny for some reason. Kinda like the time I told the ex old lady to “go lock up”. Didn’t go over to well.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

One of the habits I had while working on a shift was to check all doors in my unit. Some units have steel doors with handles, others have key locks, etc. When I did a round I would grab the handle of the door to make sure it was secured. Just because a computer says a door is locked doesn’t mean it is secured, check it on each round. The inmates might bitch but I would rather make sure the doors are secured than have some inmate loose at night when they should be locked in.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015