>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

How long does process take in Ohio

Subscribe to How long does process take in Ohio 21 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

OOHHH Boy, you did it now. theres no turning back, but don’t sweat it, just relax and look at all the good this job can offer. As for me it was the uniforn, I look in the mirror everyday and I say to myself “DAMN I look good”. My wife thinks the same thing, in fact I looked so good she went and got hired also, now we both stare at each other with eyes sparkeling. I tell you life is good.

Male user AJ740 11 posts

Thanks guys for all the replys. As for me, I interviewed last month at MCI and it went great. The staff was very nice and informational. They offered me the job a couple weeks ago and I have a start date of May 4th. Really looking forward to this new career.

Udwfnlq BROWNS2K 27 posts

AJ:: Sorry, but I’ve been off work for a bit. Shakey hit it on the head when he said just be yourself and don’t try to BS them. As I recall, they even had a paper that had the questions on them that I could review. I pushed it away and they asked why I didn’t want to study the questions. I simply said that I didn’t need to study them. Most of the questions dealt with dealing with people of different races and religions than yours, trying to make sure your not a racist. Common sense should get you through it ok. Hope it goes well for you, and good luck!

Be yourself and don’t try to bullshit them, they have been around and will catch it. Just relax, think about your answers and it will be alright, show them that your confident about yourself but not arrogant. Keep it in the back of your mind like a mantra “I don’t need this job, I want it". Good luck.

Male user AJ740 11 posts

BTW, I got an email for an interview at MCI. Pretty excited, its been less than 3 months since I applied. Ive heard its a panel interview. I’ve never been through one of this type. Any suggestions, or ideas of the questions they will ask?

Male user AJ740 11 posts

update…
Applied 12/26/2014
Assessment Consideration Email 1/06/2015
Assessment Scheduling Email 1/06/2015
Assessment Date 1/13/2015
Passed Assessment 1/13/2015
Background Clear/Eligible for Interview 2/04/2015
Referred for Interview Consideration 2/04/2015
Interview Scheduling Email 2/26/2015
Interview 3/11/15

Wish me luck!!!

I hear you on the vaction part, left ManCI when this placed opened in 98 and have had a great time mainly because the senority position I was at when I transferred. I’m at #16 now on 3rd and in the infirmary. This is a great place to be while waiting for retirement.

AJ: Keep me informed and good luck. shakeyjake: RICI is where we go to vacation! Hey, were all brothers and sisters regardless of where we work! Best wishes……

ManCI, come on that’s a sissy camp. You want to work at a real prison come next door to RiCI. Hell when to Inmates act up over there they treaten to send them over here..:)

Male user AJ740 11 posts

Browns2k, you have been a great help and I thank you for that. After some consideration I applied at MANCI also. I travel an hour to work now so they drive wouldn’t be a problem. I am just ready to get into this career. And as you said after my probationary period is up I can put in for a transfer if a position comes available. Ill keep you posted on my progress with getting hired. Hell, I may even see you in a couple months up at MANCI.

AJ: I work at MANCI, so yes, I’m familiar with the conditions here. Most inmates are level 3, however, the majority of the pods here at MANCI are A level, meaning the inmates are not locked in their cells, as oppossed to B level, meaning they are locked up most of the time. Which means you will be in a pod with another officer with 120 inmates roaming about the pod, so it’s not for everyone. Yes, we have mandatory overtime, but we also have a voluntary freeze over, and many officers are glad to work the overtime. You would be on the bottom of the seniority pool, so yes, chances are on occassion you would probably be froze from time to time. Makes for a great paycheck though! You cannot be froze for more then one shift in a row though. They’ve hired a lot of new CO’s, so the overtime is not like it use to be, but it’s still there on occassion. 95% of what we do is glorified babysitting, however, that last 5% can turn bad really fast, if not deadly. And regardless of the situation, you must always have your partners back, always! One other thing…..If you started at MANCI and transfered elsewhere after a year, you would retain your state time, but you would go back to the bottom of the seniority pool at your new institution. Just something to think about…..

Male user AJ740 11 posts

That is really good to know. Now that I have more information I think I may apply to work at another institution. I would rather get in early to start my time instead of playing the waiting game to get in closer to home. I am currently employed making really decent money but I am looking to get my career started in corrections and get out of manufacturing. Are their opportunities for overtime at the institution in Mansfield? I would guess that with their being mandatory overtime that they lowest guy on the totem pole would be made to stay and work another shift. Do you know anything about the conditions at MANCI since the majority of the inmates are closed status?

After a year you would become a member of the union and eligible for a transfer. Since you would actually be a state employee at that time, the facillity your looking to transfer to would be obligated to take you rather then a new hire. BTW, just so you know, you cannot transfer to a different facility until your year is up, even if the facility you want to work for has an opening during that time. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Male user AJ740 11 posts

Thanks for the information, I wasn’t aware that you could transfer after the probationary period.

AJ….Understood. But you might want to consider this: A good many of us in corrections had to start at an institution that required travel. Once you get off your probation, which is a year in Ohio, you can put in for a transfer to another facility closer to you. If your willing to play the waiting game, no problem. But if you need some income now, consider the travel option.

Male user AJ740 11 posts

Browns2k, thanks. I live in Delaware so I put down that I wanted to work either in Marion Correctional or at the Medical Hospital in Columbus. They were the 2 closest to me.

Male user AJ740 11 posts

Browns2k, thanks. I live in Delaware so I put down that I wanted to work either in Marion Correctional or at the Medical Hospital in Columbus. They were the 2 closest to me.

Male user AJ740 11 posts

update…
Applied 12/26/2014
Background Clear/Eligible for Interview 2/04/2015
Referred for Interview Consideration 2/04/2015
Interview Scheduling Email/ waiting
Interview/ waiting

AJ….Not sure where exactly your trying to get into, but I know MANCI, located in Mansfield, Oh, has been hiring non-stop. It’s mainly level 3 inmates, I’d suggest calling them directly. Good luck!

Male user AJ740 11 posts

Update on my status…

Applied 12/26/2014
Background investigation in progress 1/30/2015
Background Clear/Eligible for Interview 2/4/2015
Referred for Interview Consideration 2/4/2015
Interview/ waiting

Male user AJ740 11 posts

Hello all, was wanting to know how long it takes to get an interview in Ohio for a corrections officer position in the state of Ohio.

Applied 12/26/2014
Background Clear/Eligible for Interview/ waiting
Referred for Interview Consideration/ waiting
Interview/ waiting

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015