>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

COLOR VISION IN CORRECTION ?

Subscribe to COLOR VISION IN CORRECTION ? 5 posts, 5 voices

Login to reply

Warden.bmp Warden Hood 4 posts

I worked within the correctional field for over thirty-five years (retired warden of the most secure prison in the United States) - “Supermax” federal prison in Colorado. Although I have significant color vision issues, I was able to work without problems. The federal prison system was aware of my vision issue and didn’t restrict my employment. My interest in the FBI was impacted by the color vision issue.

I wish you the best with your career. If policy does not allow hiring because of your vision issues, then move on to another criminal justice agency that permits such a minor medical issue.

Bob Hood

Svt FordSVT 60 posts

Not that I’ve ever heard of. For the Police-yes and they check too.
Have you written your exam yet?

Northwest hounded police animated avatar 100x100 90714 prznboss 44 posts

I’ve never heard of anything like that. Why in the world would it matter if you’re color blind or not to work in corrections?

Flag shakey 191 posts

In Ohio you don’t need the test, my brother was a C/O and he is color blind was in the Army for 9 years also

Male user BR 1 post

I was wondering if someone could help me out ? The problem is after completing the SCW,Written,PAT,POPE,Back Ground,and both Written and Oral Pysch. I was called back in to take a color vision test with the CDCR (sorry probley helps) it was the Fransworth D-15 hue test . The problem I have is with light blue , light pink, and some pastels ! Primary colors I am very used to picking out , so my question is this what colors are used at a facility that could hammper me from doing the job? I did file a appeal and was told the no longer offer the field test even though I have pages from the website from when I started the process ! I am allowed to re-take the test with a local eye Doctor so that is my next step . My real concern is not getting any hurt because of the color of something so any feed back would be great again primary colors no problem . thank you for your time in advance .

BR

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015