>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

We're here for your needs

Subscribe to We're here for your needs 15 posts, 8 voices

Login to reply

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Why the higher ups still want to make these inmates as comfortable as possible escapes me. We literally have winter birds. When it gets cold we have inmates return to prison on some petty felony. The prison I work at is viewed more like a vacation then anything by most of the population.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Maybe that’s why some of the supervisors that I knew were happy when the department changed from white shirts to black.

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

I remember who it was who got bombed, but my memory on the inmate is hazy. I can recall what the guy looked like but can’t remember the name.

Male user commander 277 posts

The first time he had on a dress shirt, the 2nd time he was wearing a Buckeye jersey. He was real close to letting us go in and stomp the idiot. Remember who it was????

Was it twice? I must be getting senile but I remember hearing about the last time it happened in roll call before shift. Then again in training classes with the famous “I like my stuff speech”.

You stand corrected Irish, it was after the second time he got bombed out in less than a week that he stopped that. LOL. Same cup,,,, same substance probably…… Those were the days.

Ahh the good ol LUC way of rationalizing the best way we know how, with the cold hard facts. Must be why I’m always told I have a way of “making an already hopeless situation feel even more screwed up then it started.”

My thoughts are “I’m here for the needs of the people you victimized. They have a need to make sure you stay in here and I’m here to see that it stays that way.”

I used to work with or for whatever term you like a very high ranking administrator who whould go around and write down inmates concerns and whatnot. Well that all stopped after he got “bombed out” by an inmate with a cup containing every bodily substance one can think of.

Ok Shakey I will drop everything I am doing to go get that book in the inmate’s property or return the dirty shorts and exchange them for clean ones and when I return I will fluff their pillow while getting them a hot cup of coffee. NOT..

Flag shakey 191 posts

Mick, relax man, NO is such a strong and blunt word. no room to move or negotiate terms for the better treatment of the incarcerated we so dearly watch over.

Sorry I’ve been away to long. good to see your still around

peace from Ohio.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

James. Did you not inform that young man that the most imortant word in Corrections when speaking to an inmate is NO. LOL

Isr DT Instructor 108 posts

We’re here for society, they locked these guys up not me.

I believe it Canus. I remember years ago when I was a young Sgt, we were taken to Franklin Furnace Juvenile Facility and were given a tour. We had a chance to talk to some of the youngsters and a rather large 16 yr old ask me what it was like at LUC… I told him when he got there he would either have to be a man or get a man. I thought my Major would lose his mind. He told me later that the juvenile felt offended. I told the Major wait until he gets to LUC and becomes some guys B***h. Then he will feel real offended. The Major didn’t find any humor in that. I guess their Superintendent ripped the Major’s ass and told him to pass that along to me. Months later the Major called me into his office and started laughing. I asked what was funny and he said, I was thinking about what you told that kid and thought how true it would be.

Male user Canusxiii 116 posts

Jamestown thank you for your post…..I Remenber telling them we are not here for you ,you f. Up ,you broke the rules you are here,,,,, prison is up post to be a miserable place…..,, believe it or not I got chew out…….

He probably learned more in that 1 second than he will in 5 years.

I had a new officer go onto a floor with a legal pad. He went into one cell block that held 8 inmates asking “what do you need?” In just one block he had the legal pad full of requests. When he came to the desk I took the legal pad, threw it in the trash and told him, “that’s not our job.”

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015