>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Does work sometimes conflict with home life?

Subscribe to Does work sometimes conflict with home life? 26 posts, 12 voices

Login to reply

Sgm Sergeant Major 53 posts

Shakey,
You might want to have her proof read it first!! LOL..

Flag shakey 191 posts

HOLY COW, I know I should have had my wife proof read my last post, it makes me look like……… oh well, it is what it is. Let me take my time and see if I can make it more readable to you all.

Demoman, get a grip and if you read all my post on this site, you will know that half of my post are either in jest about the correctional system or life in general. I said that remark about “If you do something wrong, don’t get caught" in reference to Cincyman09s alleged sleeping incident. I know we are supermen and do everything that’s required of us 100% of the time but people still don’t stop to think, we are like everyone else, including you and we do make mistakes. As long as no one got hurt, fine, just don’t make the mistake again, hopefully you learned from it.
I responded to a post a while ago, about someone who had a problem with a sleeping C/O and asked what they should do, look at my response to that one. So stop nit picking, trying to find a reason for your hatefulness toward us, by the way a lot of places we work at, do not require officers to take oaths, they just train them and give them the keys and they have to figure it out as they go along. Try doing that just out of high school.
Sometimes, may it be because of piss poor training, family issues, finance issues, or just maybe we had a brain fart that day but mistakes do happen, so you hope you don’t get caught doing something wrong ( little things ) not like what you referred in your post of, “taking an Inmate to the head,” I guess it happens but I have never seen it done, I mean who has not heard stories of the past or not seen it happen on TV but again, in the 17+ years I have been in the system, I have not.
Just like police officers, military, firemen and other professions that deal with the not so normal part of society, we have a way that we talk to each other, a lingo that we understand, a vernacular of our own of sorts.( and yes I used a thesaurus for that last big word)
As for what Przboss was saying, we need a site to vent and talk about what’s bothering us and having a response come back that might help us or someone else. We may not all be the sharpest tools in the shed but most of us do have a honor code and a line that we won’t cross and most will push that on other officers who attempt to cross that line.
Sorry for any mistakes in my grammar but I hope you get a better picture about what’s being posted here. If you are bent on looking to get mad at us I’m sure this post will mean nothing, so I will stop here and say good day.

My wife says I should not post anything bigger that 1 paragraph, I think she’s right.

Dead on the number Shakey! SARCASM FONT for Mudflap.. lol

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

Response to Shakey’s post: Applaud – applaud – applaud – whistle – cheer – applaud.

Not everyone looks back on past threads, and when they read one post they don’t realize they’re reading something into it that isn’t there. It’s a good argument that we would have less misunderstandings if there was a ‘sarcasm’ font.

Flag shakey 191 posts

Demoman get A grip and if read all my post in this site you will know that Half of my post are in jest ether about the correctional system or life in general. I said the remark about “If do something wrong don’t get caught" in reference to his sleeping. I know we are supermen and do everything that’s required of us 100% of the time but people still don’t stop to think we are like everyone else including you and we make mistakes. As long as no one got hurt fine but don’t make the mistake again, you learn from it.

I responded to a post a while ago with someone who had a problem with a sleeping C/O and asked what they should do, look at my response to that, so stop nit picking to find the a reason for your hatefulness toward us, by the way a lot of places we work at do not require officers to take oaths, they just train them and give them the keys and they have figure it out as they go along, try doing that just out of high school.

Sometimes may it be because of piss poor training or may it’s family issues or finance issues or just maybe we had a brain fart but mistakes do happen, so you hope you don’t get caught doing something wrong ( little things) not like you referred in your post of, “taking an Inmate to the head,” I guess it happens but I have never seen it done, I mean who has not heard stories of the past but I have not seen on TV but again in the 17+ years I have been in the system.

Just like police officers, military, firemen and other professions that deal with the not so normal part of society we have a way we talk to each other that we understand, a lingo of our own of sorts. As for what Przboss was saying, we need a site to vent and talk about what’s bothering us, a having a response that might help someone. We may not all be the sharpest tools in the shed but most of us do have a honor code that we don’t cross and push that on other officers that cross or attempt to cross that line.

Sorry for and mistakes in my grammar but hope you get a better picture about what’s being posted here, But if your bent on looking to get mad at us I’m sure this post will mean nothing so I will stop her and say good day.

Male user Canusxiii 116 posts

I am divorced but my ex-girlfriend used to tell me I had trust issues,“you treat
me liked am inmate”.Going to dinner,and asking for a table facing the wall,easy
view of the door,see who is coming in and out.Bumping on occasions into ex-
inmates,“Hey Co”.
I got 7 years in with N.J.D.C.I always try to separate my job from my social
life but is not easy…….

Male user Demoman 2 posts

wow i sure hope your not refering to me, because ive never been in jail, arrested, or even close to it. I didnt think it would take long for someone to get butthurt. some people dont want to see the truth or anyone elses views.

Northwest hounded police animated avatar 100x100 90714 prznboss 44 posts

Looks like we need a verification process like some of the other sites are doing to keep former inmates from posting. KakosangPinoy, welcome! I bet it’s a lot warmer there than here in Wyoming!

Male user Demoman 2 posts

haha you guys and gals crack me up. Im reading a few things here, and ill quote them for ya, then try to see if anyone here gets it.

Shakey: 4: “If do do something wrong don’t get caught”. hummm how about dont do anything wrong.
prznboss: “You don’t have to worry about inmates lieing on you. They will always do that.” Seems to me the guards/cops are doing the same thing.
dats168: I have seen COs take an inmate into the head or a closet where there are no cameras to “have a talk with them.” So you think its ok as long as its the prisner is the only one roughed up?

And you people wonder why you get no respect. your way beyond hypocritical. it borders on being pathetic. I cant say i care much for most people in prison or what they have done, but the people there didnt take an oath, so the ones that did and do these things are worse then the inmates.

Flag shakey 191 posts

Welcome, hope you like this site but be aware it is a slow one when it pertains to getting replys to your questions. thats mainly because this site had a very bad SPAM problem a little bit ago. (every topic no make which one was plastered with ads but thats seems to be fixed now. Again welcome from OHIO here

Male user KakosangPinoy 2 posts

nice to be a member here!!!

Male user KakosangPinoy 2 posts

hello to all officers… im from the philippines im also a jail officer…

Female user DATS168 8 posts

I would think security cameras would also be a help when an inmate has an accusation. I have seen COs take an inmate into the head or a closet where there are no cameras to “have a talk with them.” I always have concerns because the inmate could accuse them of anything and there is no video to protect the CO. All security would see is the CO taking the inmate into an area where there is no camera.

You don’t have to worry about inmates lieing on you. They will always do that. One of my duties is to answer inmate grievances. If the inmate says Ofc. Smith kicked him in the knee I ask Ofc. Smith “Did you kick him in the knee?”. The officer says “no” so that’s what the inmate’s response is. I will always believe a staff member over the inmate unless on the rare occasion that it is a staff member who has developed a reputation of dishonesty, not following policy, etc. Then the accusations get looked into a little bit.

12517963451487469754us department of justice seal svg hi CHZBURGR 29 posts

cincyman,
Shakey gives pretty good advice other than the last one sure don’t get caught. Don’t make stupid mistakes and if you do tell on yourself before someone does. I worked in institutions for years. There is supposed to be a brotherhood but in my years inside there was a lot of back stabbing. Most important thing has already been said. Write it down. Talk to your supervisor about either moving the offender or yourself to another unit. In Idaho I could ususally pull some strings and get him moved to another facility all togethor.

Flag shakey 191 posts

WEecome to the life of lies, deciet and mayham, This the life we have to deal with here in the profession. My son in law was terminated, because of a inmates accusation because he would not give them extra stuff in the chow hall ( he was in food service). All you can do is

1: Write him up for (giving false information or lying to department employees.). from Ohios DRC rules of conduct # 27

2: keep a accuarate log on everthing you do.

3: Keep copys of all reportsl dealing with this inmate and he’s friends.

4: If do do something wrong don’t get caught.

Other from that, nothing else you can do about it, unless somebody else can think of something.

Male user cincyman09 1 post

I have been grieved by an Inmate 2x within a month for sleeping on duty. The Inmate has lied on me because of his infractions. He was given a verbal warning for the 1st infraction and found not guilty by classification on the second. The classification staff interviewed other Inmates at not an officer who witnessed the incident. Inmate are manipulating the system and aren’t held accountable.

How can I file a complaint on Inmate for lying on me? I haven been to Internal affairs once before for this inmate, I was found not guilty of sleeping on post, so the same Inmate has decided to make the same claim again against me because he was not happy with me writing him up. He had 3 other inmate lie for him.What are somethings that I could do to protect myself.?

Untitled centella 14 posts

I think that you have to make a balance on your live. the problem comes when you let the influence of your work take over your family live, take the work stuff totally out of family time and spend time with them and separated the conflicts at work out of your live.

12517963451487469754us department of justice seal svg hi CHZBURGR 29 posts

I am a probation and parole officer in a town of around 30000. I have to leave my radio at work or I will listen to the city PD and the sheriff’s office radio waiting for the name of one of my people to go across the radio. I will think about work at home instead of other things. I actually have to try to not think about work. God I can’t wait til hunting season.

Srt misc 266 Striker 34 posts

Apprieciate all the advise guys…I sometimes let my wife know what’s going on in case i act out of character she knows why…but i learned in the army that sometimes it’s good to keep the wife informed so she don’t worry.

Flag shakey 191 posts

I also try to down play most things here at work with the wife but she just calls me a idiot. Maybe it’s because she’s an Officer working the same shift with me, I don’t know.

10 years ago, before she started woking here, I could get away with telling her how hard I had it here and how tired I was when I got home but now…well you get the picture.

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

I’m much the same as SMaj: I don’t take work home and don’t take home to work. But at the same time, it’s important for the wife to know what’s going on, so it isn’t like talking about work is taboo. We do talk about the job, but I seldom get into great detail. A common response to the question “how was work?” is “fine” unless something happened that might make it in the newspaper.

I learned a long time ago in the Army to leave work at work and home is the best place to be. I’m glad that I have an hour drive home to unwind and think about the stupid stuff for a bit before I get home. Once I get out of the truck, work is gone. Exactly as Shakey said, communication is the key if they want to know about what happens at your workplace. For me unless it warrants attention of some sort I just let ’em know that work was “quiet.” I work the graveyard shift so that in itself means a lot to my family.

The kids still don’t like it when I pat them down and shake down their bedrooms but they’ve gotten used to it!

Flag shakey 191 posts

Communications is the best advice I can bring to this topic, As stated before I have been wearing a badge since 1981 and I truly bless the ground my wife walks on, all the support and and understanding she has given me all these years is remarkable. Talk to your better half, let them know, even though this job means a lot to you, they will always be first. And don’t just talk the talk, give them more time than you do for the job. Never bring the bad part of the job home, only the funny stuff, try not to upset them with the crappy stuff that scares the bejesus out the normal person ( Loved ones hate worring ).

Try to make your loved one fill normal by doing the things that normal couples do.( Movies, Barnes & Noble, Bass Pro Shop..:o….ect…)

Remember that making moneys good but not at the risk of losing the the things that are important.

Anyway thats my .3 cents worth.

Enjoy life before it’s to late.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015